When we started planning this album, we were looking for a theme. An album of traditional songs, perhaps, or dance music or even early music. We quickly realised that any decision to theme the album would force us to exclude much of the variety that we so love playing. Then we realised there could be a theme that would cover all bases. The theme is us – wearing our different hats as we plod through this world doing the best we can. So there is music from our folk club repertoire; music that represents our touring shows; music with a historical perspective, and dance tunes; lots of dance tunes. This is a snapshot of what we got up to in 2018 – and what, with a bit of luck, we will keep doing through 2019 and beyond.
This is dedicated to all those who we share our journey with – from the dearest of friends with whom we share long evenings with a pint, a grumble and a laugh, to those we lightly touch as we pass… We don’t know them well, we barely know their names, but we love them all the same.
To Order your CD now – click here!
Also available from:
Video Sleeve Notes
Want to Play the Tunes?
CLICK HERE to download a pdf of the tunes from the album.
Then watch the teaching/slow version videos below!
We are building up the teaching videos and adding extra resources on blogger.
So check out the pages here at the SwanDyerMusic Blogspot!
Want to Sing the Songs?
Twelve Months & A Day (2019)
Dance All Night (Lyrics & Music – Jonny Dyer)
Folk Club Song (Lyrics & Music – Jonny Dyer)
Gallows Tree (Lyrics Fitz-James O’Brien – Music Jonny Dyer)
Grandpa Joe (Lyrics & Music – Jonny Dyer)
Two Red Roses (Lyrics William Morris – Music Jonny Dyer)
Resources for Radio and Review
- Folk Radio UK (Editors Pick)
- Unicorn Magazine (Editors Pick)
- Folk Wales (Five Star Choice!)
- What’s Afoot
- EFN (Essex Folk News)
- Living Tradition
- fRoots (and fRoots pod radio)
- Folk London
- Darren’s Music Blog
- Roots and Shoots, Felixstowe Radio with Roger Pettit (Album of the week)
- It’s All in the Song, Dublin City FM with Peter Grogan (Album of the week)
- Forest Folk, ForestFM 92.3 with Peter Aston (Album of the week)
- Sound Out, ResonanceFM with Carol Finer (Featured Interview)
- A World of Difference with Roger Williams (Featured Interview)
- Acoustic Cafe Radio, Wey Valley Radio with Brian Player (Live Interview)
- fRoots Podradio April 2019
- Folk at Five, ArgyllFM with Trevor Oxbow
- The Folk Show, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, with Sue Marchant and Nicky Stockman
- Folk and Acoustic Music, DeanRadio 105.6FM with Chris Arscott
- The Folk Programme, Coast & County Radio with Tim Moon
- Liz Franklin’s Folk Garden, Blues and Roots Radio with Liz Franklin
- Folk Roots and Branches, 10Radio with David Bond
- From Albion and Beyond, KUAR FM with Len Holton
- FAB Folk and Blues with Tony Haynes
- Gary Hazlehurst’s Folk Show, NovaFM with Gary Hazlehurst
- New Traditions, BBC Radio Sheffield with Greg Russell
- Folk Show, EdenFM with Liz Franklin
- Along the Tracks on Blues and Roots Radio with Neil King
- Readifolk on Blues and Roots Radio with Ian Freedman
- Folk and Roots on HayesFm with Peter Slavid
- Magpie’s Folk Cafe on FromeFM with Patrick Moss
- Acoustic Routes on DapperFm with David Chamberlain
- The Richard Harris Folk and Blues Show on Somer ValleyFM
- The Folk Pilot, Deal FM with Neil Vessey
- Celtic Music Podcast with Marc Gunn
- Folk on the Airwaves, EFDSS Classic Folk, with Mike Norris
- Acoustic Show, BBC Gloucestershire with Johnny Coppin
- Celtic Heartbeat, BBC Wales with Frank Hennessey
- Folkscene, BBC Radio Merseyside with Mike Brocken
- Sunday Folk, BBC Radio Shropshire with Genevieve Tudor
- Hermitage Folk, HeritageFM with Chris Sweeney
- Oldham Community Radio with Bernard Cromarty
- BBC Radio Gloucestershire, with Johnny Coppin
- Gentle Folk2 with Norman Wheatley
- CKCU FM93.1, Music from the Glen with Colin Henein
- Mike Harding Podcast Number 270